Wednesday 19 November 2014

Divine Connection Appreciates YOU

Dear One:

I am excited that I rose above the grief of losing my mentor, mother and matriarch - Deaconess Ibiyemi Oluremi Asake Famuyiwa nee Odu to continue the vision she was a BIG part of. Today as I commemorate her birth posthumously, I send you a report of the previous DC Breakfast Meeting held at Crowne Plaza in Englewood, New Jersey on November 8, 2014.

Awesome! That's the word that captures the Divine Connection Breakfast Meeting (DC-BM). Working class mature singles from different churches including MFM, Times Square Church, Faith Fellowship and of course RCCG, 10 excellent ministers including 1 Provincial Pastor and 1 Zonal Coordinator. Great life-changing ministration, delicious breakfast, information packed folder, a goodwill message of hope from Pastor Toyin Laoye - the first female pastor in the entire RCCG North America... An offer of partnership and sponsorship from the guest minister, an offer of support by a couple of ministers and guests, testimonies of deliverance and healing and a prophecy that Divine Connection would become a regional event! 

Indeed, my team and I are humbled by God's grace and glory upon the work He has committed into my hands. I was still basking in the euphoria of what God has done when my pastor called to offer us partnership for subsequent events!

I call you not friends but brothers and sisters because I recognize we couldn’t have done it without you. I extend my thankfulness and appreciation to you for participating. The icing on the cake for me are the guests that approached me to offer support to the ministry. One of the guests who received a sponsored ticket came to me after the event to say, “"I really should pay for this!" 

I assure you that all that happened occurred because God sent us financial help and some of us committed to praying and God stepped in. Many asked whether the prayer line would continue but this is up to you. Let me hear from you if we should continue the prayer line on a weekly basis and of course daily in the week of an upcoming event. I suggest we retain the Whatsapp group, this will serve as a medium of informing you. DC has a Facebook presence, please feel free to join using this link - Divine Connection (DC).

To the glory of God and with the support of our partners, we were able to offer sponsorship to 80% of the guests, 10% were offered part sponsorship and only 10% of those who attended paid the full rate of $30. Those who went the extra mile in helping us plan the event received book gifts. All our ministers arrived on time and waited through the event to counsel those who needed one on one ministration.

We are at the verge of setting up the USA Committee. If you are led to be a part of the committee, please send an email. If you desire that DC partners with your local church to organise a similar event in your church, please send an email.

Our next event in the USA would be planned for 50-100 mature singles. It would be scheduled for between February and March 2015. Please feel free to suggest venue, theme and those we may consider inviting as guest speakers and those we can approach for partnership and/or sponsorship. If you desire to order more copies of Eden Magazine, What Is Wrong With Us (the book that led to my marital breakthrough at 38) and the Divine Connection Devotional for Singles and/or wish to be part of the USA DC Committee or wish to sponsor, please contact the undersigned.

Before then, we are partnering with our partners to host DC Breakfast Meeting in Tabernacle of David in Ajah, Lagos (Nigeria) and Pavilion of Redemption, Houson, Texas (USA). Updates will be posted on our Facebook page.

Feel free to visit our sites Divine ConnectionDC HOMESCGN BooksDC Host. The first link has inspiring messages that can lift your spirit. Please note that most of the materials visible this week will focus on Sunday School as part of our Sunday School Awareness Campaign, a project my husband is involved in in our local church. But messages for and about mature singles can be accessed via the side links and archive of the first link.

I would love to receive your feedback. Kindly use this survey link. Be sure to add any ideas, suggestions or comments you have for us.

Your marital journey is on cruise and I’m glad to be a part of it! On behalf of the DC Team, I welcome you to a vision that is bigger than the sum of our strength!


Omolola Omoteso
DC, Host

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Upon approval, you can view it on the site. God bless you.