Thursday 26 August 2010

Character: A Visible Key

Character is a visible key. Like smoke it comes off you.

I was speaking to a man of God the other day, “I don’t know what their problem is, they come around but they just don’t talk!” Then he baited me by saying, “So you don’t play along? You mean you don’t know how to make them talk?” From my response he must have read my no-nonsense personality. He went on to ask about my Dad’s occupation – Police Man! I never saw it until he pointed it out. What baggage do we carry from our parents that we don’t necessarily need?

You may not be able to print “virgin” on your forehead, even where you do s/he’d have to get there to confirm so it wouldn’t be so much use until later. You may be able to print "from a morally conscious home" on your palm but even quicker than that s/he would would perceive your person from the first interaction.

Though you’ve spent your entire life living the Christian life and you are frustrated that all your seed of morality and service in God’s vineyard isn’t amounting to much, you need to bury your frustration and just be personable; “He that must be a friend must show himself/herself friendly.”

Share your opinion about the place of character in building a Godly relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Upon approval, you can view it on the site. God bless you.