Sunday 20 December 2015

Succeeding the Bible Way


Brethren, anyone can succeed. You don’t need to be saved to succeed. As humans, we are all wired for success, little wonder some tamper with that wiring to negatively redefine success e.g. Adolf Hitler and others like him. Bill Gates is a success but he doesn’t go to church. To kick-start your wiring for success, you need the principles I have shared. But to have good, righteous or enduring success, there is only one place to turn – God, and there is only one instance of “good success” in the KJV Bible. If you get it, you’ll get a copy of my book… Let’s open to Joshua 1:8, read with me if you have the KJV Bible:

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Brethren, whatever strategy you adopt, if you want your success to be Christ-like, credible and constant, look to the Author and Finisher of your faith and to His Word – the Bible.

As I conclude, I want you to write down your own definition of success. Then write down your purpose or what you believe your calling in life is. To get married is not a purpose or calling, it is a desire, which could be a means to fulfil your calling. Remember, who you marry can make or mar your calling in life. Search the Word of God to discover your divine wiring for success. Genesis 1:27 say, “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.” Say, “I am created in God’s image.” God is synonymous with excellence and success so you are wired for success. It is not enough to believe it but you need to search for facts in the Bible and in your life that will establish such belief in you only then will nothing be able to edit out that fact. Say loudly, I am wired for success. I will wire success in me. By God, I will succeed.

I grew up being very timid. But after I overhead the school matron saying, “E wo omo ti won so wipe ko le se head girl o, that she is too small and timid, see all she has achieved as the health captain!” I made up my mind, that NOTHING will rob me of opportunities again. I went to join Man O’ War, I started climbing trees and looking people straight in the eyes so much so that I was nicknamed “small but mighty!” What you need to do, to come out of your own limiting factors or circumstances may be different but I want you to do this either tonight or before the end of this week: Write down everything that appears like limiting factors – I have k-leg, I stammer, I was born by poor parents, I was trained by my uncle who used me as house help, my parents are so rich that they pampered me and I can’t do anything by myself. Write everything down. Then tear it up, burn it or put it in an envelope and seal it until you succeed. As you minimise these limiting circumstances, you would move closer to your success. Finally, move from undermining to maximising the power of your potential (God given talents or acquired abilities), define or redefine your purpose, begin to exude passion about what you do, who you are and where you are going, determine to persevere and appreciate your positioning regardless role or status. I’ll explain, Joseph became a slave but he appreciated the fact that he was divinely positioned; instead of bemoaning his status he was thanking God for being alive and for being a slave in the palace. Instead of jumping at the rare amoral privilege of becoming the Queen’s gigolo, he opted to remain disciplined. When he found himself in prison, he ensured that prison was not found in him.

My definition of success is achieving or fulfilling God’s desire for my creation. By implication, my extended definition is “Joyfully creating an extraordinary life for myself, my family, those I love and those around me.” Brethren, the science of achievement is embedded in the ability to take your dream and ideas from mere illusion into reality. The art of achievement is fulfilment. Therefore, success is achievement with fulfilment. As a spiritual being, something will leap in you, when you succeed but never to a point where you let discontentment set it. Achievement without fulfilment is ultimate failure.

I will end with this story, Robin Williams the comedian, was a success. He wanted to make people laugh, host a television show, make movies, receive awards including an Oscar, have a beautiful family, he wanted to be loved by people and he achieve ALL. Not some but all. But sadly success was not wired in him and so for many years he suffered from periodic bouts of depression, which led to substance.

Dr. Omolola Omoteso-Famuyiwa is a minister who is passionate about sharing God's Word for the healing of souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Upon approval, you can view it on the site. God bless you.